If coaching is not what you’re looking for right now, there are a number of other ways we can work together, based on the 3 different leadership areas – leading the self, leading others, and leading a system.
One-time Enneagram & Leadership Styles Coaching Session
One-Time Leadership Mission, Vision, & Values Coaching Session
Hiring & Team Expansion Support
Customized Annual Review Process
One-Time Strategy Coaching Session
WHAT IS LEADERSHIP COACHING & DEVELOPMENT?
Leadership coaching and development is a partnership between you and I that will help you build the necessary skills to lead your team successfully. It includes one-on-one coaching, team development, and systems & process development. In our work together, we will assess your leadership skills and your practice’s business needs to identify the changes that are needed. We will work together through a combination of in-person retreats, regularly scheduled Zoom meetings, and email/text check-ins.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY LEADERSHIP SKILLS?
Simply put, leadership is two-pronged: it is getting things done through other people AND being able to pull out the best performance of your team. It requires you to balance your own personal needs against the needs of individual employees AND the needs of the organization, and figure out how to meet all three. Effective leadership requires:
- establishing role clarity so everybody on the team knows who is responsible for what
- very clear communication with each individual team member and the team overall
- the ability to provide constructive feedback, hold your staff accountable, set clear expectations, and have difficult conversations when expectations aren’t being met
- an understanding of your own personal vision and values to ensure consistency in your leadership, which provides stability and a sense of continuity for your team
- knowing what your practice needs to operate efficiently
- the ability to make difficult decisions and put the health of the practice over the needs of difficult team members
- being able to nurture and develop your team so they continue to grow and develop their skills, whether they are clinicians or administrative staff
My leadership coaching program focuses on all three of the core leadership areas simultaneously. In our work together, we will:
- deepen your self-awareness, identify your own personal vision and values, and explore any blindspots or triggers that might be impacting your leadership, which will improve your ability to lead the self
- improve your communication skills, learn how to develop others, determine role descriptions, identify your team’s strengths and weaknesses, and set expectations for your team, which will improve your ability to lead others
- assess your practice’s operations to identify inefficiencies, eliminate duplicative efforts, and build the right processes, which will maximize your team’s talents, ensure your clients have a smooth experience from inquiry to intake to termination, and improve your ability to lead the system
AN IMPORTANT CAVEAT
It’s important to understand what leadership coaching isn’t. For example, it’s not marketing coaching, life coaching, or therapy. We will absolutely look at every aspect of how you run your business (and often how you run your life), but we will assess it from a leadership perspective. What does that mean? Well, for example we might talk about your past and current marketing efforts and even explore how well they are working or not working. We will consider things like how well you’re following through on your marketing tasks, whether the mission of your practice is clearly communicated in your marketing pitches, and how you might be getting in the way of your own marketing endeavors. Our work together will set you up to make changes you to your marketing approach. But here’s what it won’t do… it won’t develop new marketing strategies, rewrite your marketing materials, or focus our time together on how to improve your marketing plan. Why not? Well, because that’s not my expertise and that’s not what we’re here for!
(But if that’s what you need, let me know and I have some great resources to refer you to!)
Let’s Work Together!
Leadership skills don’t develop overnight, but small changes do yield immediate results. That being said, I’m a believer that we will need some quality time together to achieve high-impact results. I’ve designed my coaching packages to ensure that we have enough time to work together to address the “low hanging fruit” (small changes), as well as some of the bigger, more chronic leadership challenges you may be facing.
My leadership development is a hands-on experience. To jump start your work, I offer my Leadership Starter Kit, which includes 13-14 hours of one-on-one coaching, plus an option to add on Executive Team Development (depending on your leadership needs). The Leadership Starter Kit begins with a 6-8 hour in-person coaching retreat where you and I will roll up our sleeves and dive in to explore the ins and outs of your leadership, your staff, and your practice. Together, we will:
a) identify your leadership strengths
b) assess your areas of growth/development
c) determine what is and isn’t working about your staff and your practice
d) create a multi-focus action plan that will build your leadership skills and tighten up the system & processes of your business
If your practice would benefit from Executive Team Development, the in-person coaching retreat will be followed by a 1/2 day in-person Executive Team meeting, where we will explore Enneagram personality types, set ground rules and expectations for working together, identify strengths and developmental areas on the team, and discuss working relationships in detail.
After your coaching retreat, we will meet virtually every couple of weeks for 5-6 coaching sessions to build off of our work together during the coaching retreat. My virtual coaching sessions generally range from 45 minutes to 75 minutes, depending on your availability and needs at that particular time.
The Leadership Starter Kit is designed to be a stand-alone coaching experience, meaning if that’s all you choose to do, you’ll see positive changes in yourself and your practice at the end of our work together. However, you may still want or need leadership coaching to further develop your leadership skills. At the end of the Leadership Starter Kit, you and I will assess your current coaching needs and determine if it’s necessary to continue coaching and if so, which package would be best for our work together.
- Leadership Starter Kit & Executive Team Development – $1,175
- Leadership Starter Kit – $925
- 5-Hour Follow-Up Coaching Package – $325
- 10-Hour Follow-Up Coaching Package + 1 bonus hour – $650
- 20-Hour Follow-Up Coaching Package + 3 bonus hours – $1,300
Follow-up coaching packages only available after conclusion of Leadership Starter Kit
READY TO BE AN EFFECTIVE LEADER?
Getting started is easy… just shoot me a quick message about you and your practice, and we’ll find some time to connect for a free 30 minute consultation call.